Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Favourites

So in this months favourites I only have a few items but to be honest I could write an essay for each one (which I won't do as I would prefer not to bore you!). It's been a busy month for me so not as many posts as I would have liked but June...I'm ready for you. Let's take a look at what I have been obsessing over this month.




Firstly, can we all just take a second to have a moment of silence for my favourite hairbrush for it has been lost. I have had it for YEARS and it was perfect for backcombing, getting rid of knots, brushing hair when wet but I think I lost it at college and can't find a single brush like it. However, as you can see I do have a brush in this months favourites...

1) Tangle Teazer for Kids - That's right, for kids. Now we all know I have mega issues with my hair with it being fine and limp, so it may as well belong to a 2 year old, but this brush is the closest I have come to my old one. First of all, it's pink. Second of all it's handbag size so I can carry it around incase I'm having a serious case of bad hair day, and lastly, it goes through my hair so easily, even when it's so knotty it hurts, it just glides through. It's great for back combing aswell, obviously this isn't great for your hair but I tend to rely on this method for most of my hairstyles. It's a little gem.

2) Dr Schrammek Blemish Balm in Light - also known as the "Original Blemish Balm" this little product is amazing. The texture of this is thick and creamy but blends into the skin beautifully and adds a light coverage. Not only does it cover blemishes and redness, it is also a treatment for the skin which is what makes this stand above the rest. It is specially formulated for irritated or impure skin and although it isn't advertised as one, it also acts as a sunblock. Here is what the ingredients do:
- Zinc Oxide - anti inflammatory, concealing and is the sunblock aspect due to reflecting the uv rays. 
- Titanium Dioxide - concealing, protecting, also reflects the light.
- Liquorice Root - Calming
- Panthenol - moisturising.

Before and After: 



As you can see my skin tone is more even and the redness has been combatted. The blemishes on my chin are well covered and my under eye area isn't as dark. It is still a natural finish. If I'm not doing a full make up look this is what I will reach for. I will also use it as a base for my foundation to prime and even out my skin. Loveee ittttt.

3) Mary Lou-Minizer by The Balm - A gorgeous highlighter that I find myself reaching for nearly everyday. The shimmer is just the write amount and I apply to the top of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and on my cupids bow to enhance my top lip. I blend it to diffuse it slightly and when the light catches it, it is the perfect amount of glow. I also use it on my eyelids for an all over shimmer and honey tone for when I do a neutral eye look. 


4) - Wild About Beauty Golden Skin Glow - I actually got this product a few months back in one of my Birchboxes and I was recently having a clean out in bathroom and found it all hidden under some bath things! When you first put some onto your fingers it seems really dark but blends in like a gel to a lovely natural bronze colour. Due to summer approaching I have started to use this on my face, neck and decolletage because Lord knows I need some colour! I love the fact it is a pump aswell and not a squeezy tube, it just feels more practical. I can put a layer on first this before make-up or put a couple of layers on before bed so it develops overnight and then wash it off the next day. It is just a quick go to for a nice glow.




I had so many products I've been loving this month but still need to try them a bit longer so will hopefully be in my next Favourites post! Can you believe its June already? Where is this year going?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment