Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Favourites

Yey my first 'favourites' post! Ive been excited to do one of these as it changes so often it makes you realise what you actually have and I've noticed I definatley go through phases.




L-R: Cath Kidston Lip Balm, Sleek Oh So Special Palette, Next Simply Peach Lipstick, Jimmy Choo Perfume, Natural Vitamin E and a Pineapple and Pomegranate Candle.

Cath Kidston Lip Balm - I don't know why I keep straying from this. I've had this a while now and I have barely made a dent in the product! I used to use it everyday and drifted to other things but I find myself always coming back to this when my lips are particularly dry. It is made with Beeswax and Vitamin E. Beeswax is 100% Natural and incredibly moisturising and Vitamin E is great for renewing and regenerating skin. It is also infused with Shea Butter so it glides on beautifully. I find when I use this my lips are super soft and it provides a great base for my lipstick. The best bit is the Almond scent, I LOVE marzipan and this is almost good enough to to eat! It has been quite cold this March and this has certainly become a handbag staple.

Sleek iDivine Oh So Special Palette - Affordable, blendable and pigmented. What more could you want from a high street make up brand? My palette is a bit of a mess (I use it EVERYday) so here is a professional image of how it looks: 

It's so pretttyyyy. Anyway, as you can see it's quite a nude based palette with a couple of pinks and shimmers in there. The 3 main colours I use are the lightest one, the darkest brown and the black. I will also use the light brown as a transition shade and to buff out my lower lash line. The lightest shade blends perfectly into my eyelid skin tone so acts as a great base and makes it easier to blend the other colours out. Like I said, I use this everyday because I don't like to do an over the top look for work and if I'm in a hurry to go out for tea/drinks, I can just intensify that black to create a super blended smoky eye. Love. It.

Next Lipstick in Simply Peach- I only did a blog post on this last week so won't really go into much more detail but since I have bought this about a month ago, it's the first lipstick I reach for in a morning. It pairs perfectly with the nude- smoky eye and is just the most beautiful peach/pink shade I own. 

Jimmy Choo Eau de Parfum - My boyfriend actually bought me this for Christmas and 3 months later I still have some left! This is rare for me, even my mother thinks I drink perfume I go through it that quick. I've had this perfume before and for me it's the perfect combination of sophisticated and sweet. The initial fragrance is light and sweet but it is the woody depths which make me love this fragrance. I have mentioned before how I have always gone for fruity smells but as I have got older, the musky tones in the background is what separates it from the likes of Britney Spears Fantasy and Nicki Minaj (both heavily fruity and sweet). Jimmy Choo is a fun fragrance with a seductive twist. 

Natural Vitamin E - This little bottle of liquid gold has been my lifesaver over the past couple of weeks. As mentioned, Vitamin E is great for the skin, it is an anti-oxide by which protects and repairs your skin. You will have seen by now the state of my face after my hurrendous reaction to the Dr Organic Face Scrub, and a few drops of this product have helped dramatically. After going for the thickest moisturisers I own and slathering them on my face with no results, I had a Light bulb moment. I applied a few drops of this into my hands and patted it into my skin. The next morning I looked in the mirror and noticed the dry skin had reduced and I wasn't seeing as much redness. I used this morning and night and within 3 days of using it, I was wearing make up again. This little wonder has made it's way into my night skincare routine. 

Pineapple and Pomegranate Candle - This smells delicious. Another fruity scent which smells just like fresh pineapple and not in anyway artificial (which can sometimes be an issue with candles). This burns evenly and fills my room with a light, fruity fragrance. Yum yum

Thanks for reading as always everyone
Laura x





No comments:

Post a Comment