Wednesday 6 May 2015

April Favourites

During April, we had some lovely days of sunshine which means hair is styled differently and makeup becomes more dewy and glowing. Last month I had a few favourites for both hair and skin to help me into the summer vibes.



Loreal Lumi Magique Primer - This is now my favourite primer I have ever used. I have used many from Benefit's Porefessional to Revlon Primer and this has surpassed them all. I don't have to use a lot of this primer, half a pump covers my face and start in the middle outwards to concentrate on where my pores are most obvious, a little goes a long way. It comes out white but once massaged into the skin leaves a gorgeous natural glow and has a luminous finish that can be used under foundation or on its own, of course I use it under foundation and my makeup lasts and lasts and looks wonderfully dewy and hydrated. 10/10.

Nars Creamy Concealer in Chantilly - I bought this a few months back and did a quick post about it a long with the Nars Laguna Bronzer and in that post I said I was on the fence about it as I felt it dried out under my eyes but my opinion has definatley changed! It really does have a creamy consistancy and I tend to use it as both a highlight and a concealer. I draw a upside down triangle shape under each eye and blend it out with a damp Beauty Blender which blends it out perfectly and sheers out the finish slightly so it doesn't look "cakey". As much as I love this concealer, I don't like to use it everyday and just use it now and again purely because I don't want it to run out as it is more expensive to replace. I will tend to use it for when I am going out or doing a more heavy contoured look as it is too nice to wear for work everyday.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - The hype was right, this is a great mascara. It has tiny hooks on the wand which hold on to the lashes so that when you wiggle the wand, it helps to separate them so you don't get that clumpy lash look. It also curls the lashes as it goes so opens your eyes more and gives you lashes worth fluttering! I love it, I use this first to separate and curl my lashes and a Rimmel mascara purely for volume, I think I may have found a combination that really works, I am always wanting longer and thicker lashes.

Got 2 B Powderful Volumising Powder - I have always suffered with very fine and limp hair. I recently got my hair cut by one of my friends who recommended me to try one of these powders and so far so good! I simply sprinkle this onto my roots and all around my scalp (I need volume everywhere) and tousle my hair with my fingers to disperse the product, I then either leave it at that or go onto back comb my roots for an extra lift and the powder really does help. The only down side is that it makes your hair feel dirty, it has a weird feel to it and although your hair still looks clean, it feels awful to touch. I will continue to use and then maybe find another one which doesn't feel as gross. Great for adding texture and volume though.

And Finally...
Loreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner - Now we have all seen those adverts where women are flinging their hair around saying that this shampoo has changed their hair completely and we have all thought " yeah right" and I will admit, this is the one advert I fell for but I am glad I did! Anything that will improve thickness and volume is something I will try at least once but since trying this I haven't looked back. Since using this I have noticed my hair feels and looks thicker, stays cleaner for longer and overall looks more healthy, I even have clients commenting how shiny and healthy my hair looks so that's an added bonus. Love, Love, LOVE these products.

Does anyone else have any other thickening or volumisng hair products they would like to recommend? I am always on the look out.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment