Sunday 12 April 2015

April Birch Box

How cute is this! The Birchbox this month is based on the Royal Baby. Will Kate and Wills be having a boy or girl? Will you receive a pink or blue Birchbox? It's a surprise! Whichever box you get, I'm sure it will be Royally Good.


So as you can see I got a pink one :) depending on which colour you get, you could end up winning a beauty box up to £500! Birchbox has placed a competition in each box
If the Royals have a girl - all the people with pink boxes have a chance of winning.
If the Royals have a boy - all the people with blue boxes have a chance of winning. 
There is a competition question but what a good idea! 


Anyway, onto the contents, believe it or not, I've already used a couple of them. Why wait!? 


1) Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is a two step cleansing system leaving skin nourished and glowing. What makes this unique is you apply the product to dry skin first, and then buff away with a damp muslin cloth so you are getting a deep clean and getting rid of dead skin in the same product. It includes Chamomile, which is calming on the skin, Cocoa butter which is softening, Rosemary to help cleanse and Eucalytus essential oil which is a brilliant decongestant and also has a cooling effect on the skin which makes me feel squeaky clean! I'd say you can smell Eucalyptus the most which is fine by me. This would be great for oily and congested skins.

2) Laura Mercier Product. Birchbox sent out an email last month where you got to choose which Laura Mercier product you could have in your April box. The choice was Primer. Mascara or an Eye Pencil. I chose the primer because for some reason I am loving them at the minute. I'm currently using a loreal one which has a dewy finish to it but to be honest I'm looking a bit shiny now it's getting warmer so hopefully this Laura Mericer primer will be more mattifying with just as much staying power and a great base. I am excited to do my make up in the morning! 

3) Lola Barcelona Nail Polish in Born - A lovely nude nail polish with a hint if shimmer to it. I am normally drawn to darker colours but will give this a try, especially because my nails are so short at the minute :(. I love doing neutral colours in my make up so why not have the nails to match!

4) Korres Bergamot Pear Body Milk - infused with Almond Oil and Shea Butter this super nourishing body milk smells DIVINE. Seriously, I love the smell, even my mum has decided to steal it off me already! I have another body milk from Korres as well so my collection is coming along nicely.

5) Percy and Reed London Smoothed, Sealed and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil. I'm not gonna lie, aside from Shampoo and Conditioner hair products scare me a bit! My hair is fine and very difficult to style (it just hangs flat) so adding anything after I've washed it makes me worry it will make it weigh more and therefore making it flatter than a pancake. Recently though I have spoken to my hairdresser who is urging me to try Volumising products so maybe it's a sign I got it in the Birchbox.

4) Beauty Bonus - Be fine Food Skincare Warming Clay Mask  - This is so strange! A good strange though, when you first apply this and smooth it onto your skin you can instantly feel the warming effect, you feel like you a rubbing heat onto your face (that may not make sense but you get me.) The warming aspect opens up your pores allowing the mask to work deeper into the skin and they clay itself is highly nourishing.

So there you go, another breakdown of my Monthly Birchbox. It's fair to say I will be continuing to receive Birchbox for the foreseeable future! I'm off to go give my Laura Mercier Primer a whirl, until next time. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment