Friday 27 March 2015

Dr Organics Manuka Honey Face Scrub


If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen that I posted a photo of myself with the caption
"First time in a week I have been able to wear a full face of make-up"
Continue reading to find out why.
This post is a very mixed review on a range that I originally bought because I wanted to try more natural skincare products on my skin and with me having a couple of Dr Organics products already, I thought I would give this brand a go. I researched the products and decided on the Manuka Honey Range and here is what I found...



About Manuka Honey:
- It is produced in New Zealand by Bees that pollinate the native Manuka bush.
- This type of honey has been used since ancient times as a form of healing wound infections.
- Skin wise, it is a great natural antibiotic and also stimulates special cells that repair tissue damage.
- It is also a natural anti-inflammatory.
So having read this, I gave it a try and here is what happened:



Scary, huh?! 
Upon my first use of the product I first noticed the smell, pure honey. It smells divine and if you like any of Lush's Honey I washed the Kids range, you will  be in for a treat. I also found the scrub to be very abrasive for a facial scrub as they tend to be of a more gentle exfoliator. But me being me, I prefer the more abrasive kind as I feel I am getting a deeper clean, little did I know that this would be how I looked the next day. 
At first I thought I had scrubbed to hard (typical) but once I got into work, Nicki took one look at me and instantly said "you have had an allergic reaction". The last time I reacted to a product I was 12 and have had no problems since. 
This felt awful though, my skin was bright red, sore, hot and above all, puffy. I initially put make up on in the morning but by midday my face was stinging so couldn't wait to get home and take it all off. I spent the next 3-4 days wearing minimal make up-BB Cream and a tiny bit of mascara until my eyes went all sore and watery.

It was on about the 5th day that this began to happen:



My skin was peeling and there was no way of me hiding it!
It looked awful and even considered not going into work...a Beauty Therapist with terrible skin? Not a good look.
However that night, I began adding pure Vitamin E oil into my moisturiser to help repair and was ok for work. Now though, 7 days later, I must admit, my skin looks great. Me and Nicki have said I have somehow managed to give myself a DIY facial peel! (Not recommended for the 4 days worth of pain)
By redness has all but gone and there is no dry skin left, beneath all that I have been left with almost glowing skin,smooth, soft and my pores have reduced dramatically. I can really tell the difference! My make up is going on great too.

Overall, I have decided I am on the fence about this product. I really wanted it to work but having a reaction has put me off it, I still think I may have scrubbed too hard which didn't help so may give it another go on a week off. It would be a shame to have to throw it away but I would rather find a product that is suitable for my skin and that will give me the same end results without the reaction part.
For now I will just keep looking for my dream exfoliator and continue to use the Dr Organic products I already have as these are wonderful.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment