Wednesday 4 March 2015

Trafford Centre Purchases


Yeey, I always love a new post. This time talking about some of the make-up I bought on my spending spree at the Trafford centre. I've always used boots or Super drug for my make up but to be honest I am starting to treat myself a bit more. Don't get me wrong, I swear by my Revlon foundation but its great to get a high quality product that is going to stand the test of time, even if it does cost slightly more. In this post I will be talking about my  Nars Bronzing Powder and Radiant Creamy Concealer and my new found love of setting powders by Illamsqua.






Let's start with Nars as I can't seem to be getting enough of these 2 products. I got the bronzing powder in Laguna and the Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly (the lightest one, I may as well be a vampire.)


Laguna is a gorgeous shade and is their best selling bronzer. For me I find it is so beautifully pigmented and is easy to blend which is what I desire for my pale skin, anything that doesn't blend can just look choppy and muddy and is very obvious. At first when purchasing I did think it looked shimmery which put me off, but once applied to the skin this pretty much disappears and you are left with a healthy looking glow. It is also versatile as it can be used either as a contour or to give an over all sun kissed look (or both together! Just dust the bronzer lightly over your skin so it doesn't go as dark as your contour.) For me this is now my go to bronzer (I should probably alternate but I just love it!) 10/10 from me.
Retails at £27.50


Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. Now I have been after this concealer forever. I saw Jaclyn Hill Use it in one of her you tube videos and it sounded like just what I needed, such a fangirl hehe. Normally I am a lover of Mac's Pro Longwear concealer (who isn't?) but I'm all for a bit of radiance so decided to change to this for a while. It is exactly how it describes it, when it first goes on it is luxuriously creamy and blends out well, it also gives that highlight where I need it. Now, I don't know whether my skin is suffering from the winter weather and is ridiculously dehydrated but Ive found it startling to settle into the creases around midday and my under eyes look very dry from it (this is when I look super close) but from a distance, I can still see where I have lightened areas of my face with it and it gives me a bright complexion. Result...on the fence. I think I will get my skin hydrated before using this, as it does seem to be slightly drying. It is a lovely formula and it would be a shame if it didn't agree with me.
Retails at £22.00


Illamasqua pressed powder in 010 translucent is divine. It has a velvet like texture and keeps my make up in it's place! I tend to use this just in my t-zone so my make-up doesn't slide throughout the day. To apply I use my Real Techniques domed Blusher Brush (the most fluffiest bestest brush!), swish onto the powder, tap the excess off and dab it into my face. It is fair to say I now reach for this every morning and find it works great when blending out my bronzer or blusher. Also great as a handbag extra, no more shine on the go!
Retails at £24.00

Has anyone else found these results with these products? Would love to know :)
Xx








No comments:

Post a Comment