Sunday 8 March 2015

*Spoiler Alert* March Birchbox

I have been a subscriber to Birchbox for about a year now and it has introduced me to some fabulous products and some of which I have actually chosen to purchase from the website. For £12.95 a month, it is an excellent way to "try before you buy" and to really find out whether the product works for you or not. So let's jump into this and see what the March Birchbox holds...





This month, Birchbox have teamed up with the home-ware store, Habitat. This is to help to encourage people to refresh their homes, the box includes a colour chart which is great if you are thinking of redecorating and unsure of a colour scheme.

Now onto the products. Including a new fabulous mascara and my favourite type of perfume.


The 7 Products are:

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - I was so excited to find this! I have not had chance to try it yet and I have even heard that it may have topped the famous "They're Real" mascara. Described as a lash perfecting mascara I can't wait to try this out. I'm always looking for that one masacara to thicken and lengthen my lashes. Could this be the one?
(In the Birchbox you will either get the Roller Lash, They're Real or Bad Gal Lash Mascara)

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris (perfume sample) - This product is right up my alley, a fruity sophisticated fragrance making it perfect date night. I have always been drawn to fruity fragrances, however, over the last year or so, I have been going for more sensual, almost musky, scents (think Dolce and Gabanna Pour Femme or YSL Manifesto). This perfume is the best of both worlds and I may find a place for it in my cabinet.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - Now this does sound interesting. I have long, fine hair which I find very hard to add volume to. I have found a shampoo and conditioner which seem to be helping and this product sounds very interesting. It is described as a pre-shampoo treatment that helps to restore damaged hair and to give your hair some "bounce". It says to apply and leave in hair for 20 mins and then shampoo and condition as normal. I have had a Philip Kingsley Shampoo from Birchbox before so I am eager to try the two together.

Serenity Skincare Dead Sea Bath Salt - Unfortunately this had actually burst in my box during delivery, however, I still have enough to enjoy a bath or two with them. Dead sea salts are great for bath time as they have therapeutic properties as well as balancing skin's moisture and to ease any muscle tension. They can also double up as an exfoliator for super smooth skin and to boost our body's circulation. Relax and unwind in the bath while the sea salts do the hard work.

Tan Organic Self Tanning Oil - I have always been a fan of my Fake Bake Flawless for tanning and seeing a tanning oil in my Birchbox certainly caught my attention. Upon applying this product onto my hand I found it worked into my skin beautifully. A lot of tans can actually dry your skin out whereas this Tanning Oil gives you a sun-kissed glow with the added bonus of moisturising the skin. I will probably save this product for when our days are sunnier and I want to acheive that light summer glow.

Lifestyle Products:

Birchbox and Habitat Exclusive Notebook - As seen in the picture above, this is a pocket sized, red notebook handy for writing up shopping lists or if, like me, you have poor memory, you can write down things you need to remember. To be honest, I may not find use for this as I currently have more than one notebook on the go.


A Perfect Heritage Extract by Penny Vincenzi - I realised I didn't include this in the group photo so here is one just to show the cover. Described as " An epic tale of ambition, ego and passion with the beauty industry as a back drop." Normally, when I get book extracts they go straight to my Mum for her to read! However, with this including the Beauty Industry, I may have to give it a whirl.

It sounds like I'm in for a pamper evening...a sea salt bath, hair mask and a quick read! Perfect for a Sunday evening. If you have or will be recieving this months Birchbox I hope you enjoy your products. If not, I hope you enjoyed this quick summary of my new product samples.

Thanks for reading as always :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment