Saturday 2 May 2015

Beauty Buys - Makeup Revolution


Okay, so yes, I am very late on the Make-up revolution bandwagon...but better late than never right?! I have been interested in getting products from this range for quite a while but had no where around me that sold them, I don't like ordering online either just because I like to test the products beforehand if it's something new. However, I was walking past my local Superdrug the other day and they had a MASSIVE sign in the window advertising Make-up Revolution. I practically ran to the stand, a lot of it had already sold out such as the contour and highlight palettes which I would have liked but opted for some other gorgeous looking palettes instead. Plus it was 3 for 2 so you can't not really can you?




Straight away I was drawn to the blush palettes. With six to choose from though it's fair to say it took me a while to decide which one I wanted. Let's be honest, I'll probably go back for the others if this brand works for me, but as my final decision and probably the most likely one in the first place, I chose Golden Sugar. This is a gorgeous powder palette which has 3 baked bronzers, 3 merged blushers and 2 glowing highlighters, I am already loving it! There is the matte bronze which I use for my contour and all the other colours are full of glowing goodness so just pick and choose what I fancy. 


Up next I chose 2 eyeshadow palettes, one very me and the other something more adventurous! So here is the first one, the "Flawless Matte" palette, bursting with neutral shades. I've been looking for a palette which has all the shades I want in one, just for when I travel (I'm back and forth from Newcastke every other weekend so like to take as little as possible, rather than lots of palettes) and this certainly does the trick. With a mixture of light and dark and warm and ashy shades, it will do me perfectly for when I'm away. 


The second palette I picked was "Eyes like Angels" which is much brighter and has more shimmer shades to it. The look reminds me of the Foiled Shadows by Makeup Geek and I'm looking forward to trying them. Who knows what I'll end up with but it is my Birthday in a couple of weeks so may do a look based on this palette. Will be playing with it more this week.


So far so good with Makeup Revolution, 3 lovely palettes for under £20 and the longevity of the bronzing palette is great. Who else is a fan of this brand? 
Would you recommend anything from them...I'd love to know! 

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment