Monday 27 April 2015

Makeover Monday

Hi Everyone, so it's that time of the week again...Makeover Monday! This time I wanted to focus on colour, particularly light, girly shades as this would be perfect for Spring/ Summer. I have never thought I have suited colour on my eyes and have always gone for warm neutral shades and to kick this habit, today I went for pink. Oh and curled my hair too.




If you read my last "Makeover Monday" (which hopefully you have), my foundation routine is the same. If you would like to read it click here. So again, I have put my focus onto my eyes and also used the perfect lipstick to match. I feel like I should make the most of my eyes, this is what my mum tells me to do anyway, and to be honest, I think doing them up really makes a difference to the overall look to my makeup and opens my eyes up much more. 
I have never been one to draw attention to myself so that's what I have always worried about, now though, I am glad to say those kind of thoughts don't enter my head. To a lot of people, this may look like a very subtle take on colour but to me, it's me learning to walk before I can run.
So anyway, I wasn't planning on that much talking so lets have a look at the products I used.


Blusher - Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar - I have spoken about this product before and it was the first one I thought of when doing my makeup. It is a gorgeous pink, coral shade and builds up beautifully. I love the longevity of this blusher and keeps me looking fresh faced all day.


For the eyes, I decided to go for a "spotlight" effect. This is where the centre of your lid is lighter than your inner and outer corners. I have no idea why my eyebrow looks so high in the picture, they sometimes just raise themselves, one at a time, just for the laugh I guess.


So for the inner and outer corner I used this lovely magenta colour from a palette I have had forever. I don't even remember what it's called (helpful as always, Laura). I used a small brush just to place it where I wanted then took a fluffier brush and blended it towards the middle but trying to leave this area as light as possible. I also repeated this on the lower lash line. In the outer corner, I wanted to build this colour up into the crease and upwards slightly, so just took the same fluffy brush and applied in these areas. I then took a white shadow from the same palette and applied this to the centre of my lid and lower lash line.



To add more of a shimmer to the spotlight, I took this shimmer brick by next and used the top colour on a small flat brush and began pressing it into where I had placed the white shadow. I then kept building up the colours and blending until I was happy with the way it looked.
I used a black shadow on the outer corner of my lower lash line just to darken it up a bit, I added a wing to my lid and applied lashes.

 

For my lips I used on of my favourite lipsticks, I have gone through so many tubes and the colour is Strawberry Milk by Nyx. The perfect pink for this look and a creamy consistency so glides on like butter.


Finally, for my hair I used a John Frieda curling and a tonne of hairspray as my hair drops so quickly usually :( So there we go! My second Makeover Monday complete. Hope you all liked it!
Thanks for taking a look as always xx






No comments:

Post a Comment