Wednesday 22 April 2015

Lush Skincare

 Don't you just love fresh, new products!? I almost didn't want to start using these because they look too nice. Anyway, my skincare routine has been a bit of a mish mash lately so thought it was about time to get myself settled into a specific routine again. Since my allergic reaction to a product, (see here), I have become a lot more skin aware and really paying attention to what I am actually putting on my skin. So for a bit of a refreshing change, I went to Lush.


Ultrabland (cleanser) - This is probably one of the most well known and best selling products from Lush. It is a creamy cleanser infused with almond oil, rose water and beeswax and is great for all skin types. It does say it is an oily cleanser so if you have oily skin it will probably feel strange to you but it really is an all rounder (just ensure you have removed all of it from your skin if you are prone to oily areas.) All I do is take a "swoosh" of product, warm it up between my fingers and massage into my skin for about a minute, this ensures I am really breaking down any dirt build up and makeup on my face. I then use warm water and a muslin cloth to wipe over and remove. (If I don't exfoliate after, I will usually cleanse twice)

Angels on Bare Skin (Cleanser/ Exfoliator) - For days when I do exfoliate. This is typically described as a cleanser but as of late, exfoliating has become a scary issue so wanted to find something gentle and effective and this certainly does the trick. The base of this is Kaolin (a clay) which when worked into the skin will act as a "magnet" for dirt. It is also brimming with ground almonds and lavender flowers which are the exfoliating aspect. Lavender will calm any redness down and with the help of chamomile blue flower, will help to even out skin tone, my skin always feels amazing after I have used this. It also smells beautiful, natural and earthy which I have mentioned before is a smell I love.

Celestial (Moisturiser) - Again, with my skin feeling more sensitive than usual, I wanted a repairing and hydrating moisturiser. This vanilla and cocoa butter concoction not only instantly softens your skin but creates a barrier that seals in any moisture. It does take a while to sink into the skin so I tend to use this on a night for a night cream and let it do it's work. I usually need a fast absorbing moisturiser for a morning simply because I am rushing to get my make up on. But for me, Celestial is perfect after my full cleanse and tone on a night time.

Overall, I actually can't wait to take my makeup off at the end of the day, it used to be such a chore whereas now I make a conscious effort to do so. These products seem to be helping my skin and I am even finding that with an even base, my make-up is lasting much longer through the day. My skin feels softer, clearer and my pores somehow look smaller...finally!
Who else loves their Lush Skincare?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment