Monday 20 April 2015

Makeover Monday

I have decided to start a series of posts called "Makeover Monday". Mondays are my day off and if I'm not driving back from the other half's, I'm either sleeping or messing with make-up, which got me thinking, why don't I use Mondays to try something different? I would say, like most people, I tend to have a go to look which has become my comfort zone - warm browns and golds for the eyes and a nude lip. I never have time to experiment through the week as I would most likely be late for work, so Mondays are now my "outside of the box"days...that means anything from a bold lip to colours on the eyes or like today...the dreaded winged liner. (Yes I know I write a beauty blog and winged liner should be second nature to me, but this is something which I feel I need to improve on and perfect.) So here goes, read below to see how I created today's look.




The Base
Once my skin had been cleansed, toned and moisturised I was ready to apply my make-up. 
1) First of all, primer. I used the Loreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer. The sun was shining today so I wanted a healthy, dewy look to my skin. My favourite primer. Ever.
2) For foundation I used my trusty Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Sand Beige. I am usually the palest colour going for foundation but I can get away with this shade as it is only one shade darker than what I usually use so it just adds that extra bit of colour to my face which Lord knows I need.
3) To conceal and brighten under my eyes, I've grown to love Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. I also use this down the centre of my nose and on my forehead for a highlight.

 
Setting the Base
4) To set under my eyes I used the Illamsqua Pressed Setting Powder. This stops my concealer from budging without adding any colour - cakey under eyes aren't a great look.
5) To set my T-zone I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Presssed Powder as I have combination skin so I like slightly more coverage and more "mattified" effect. 


Highlight and Contour
6) To add shading and definition I used the Nars Bronzer in Laguna. I brushed this under my cheekbones, under my chin, down the sides of my nose and on my temples and brought it onto my forehead.
7) I then used The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter, just on the highest point of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and on my cupids bow of my upper lip. 


Cheeks
8) I will always love this blusher. It's Benefit's Coralista which is a gorgeous peachy, pinky, coral shade with a slight shimmer. It is gorgeoussssss and perfect for summer. 


Brows
9) For emphasis and colour on my brows I used Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown. This is actually a substitute for a Maybelline brow pencil I usually use which I can't get hold of at the minute but this one seems to be working well in it's place. 


Eyeshadow
10) The Sleek i-Divine Oh So Special Palette is a staple of mine. I pretty much use it everyday (hello comfort zone - must address this next time). All the colours used on my eyes today are from this palette. 

*Makeover Monday* Winged Liner
11) I'm not gonna lie, this took a while, but to say I have only tried this a handful of times, I think it came out pretty well...a girl in Lush asked today "How did you get your eyeliner so amazing?" No word of a lie...she used the word amazing. I was amazed that she had said that to be honest! So my patience paid off. I used the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner which has an ultra fine tip which really helped achieve the point at the end of my wings. 


Lashes
12) To prep my lashes I used Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and then a coat of Lash Accelerator Endless by Rimmel. To be honest, I wasn't going to wear lashes but I feel my eyes needed an extra pop so I just used some false lashes by Eyelure in 101. I have been using these lashes for nights out since forever and don't think I have worn falsies through the day before so this is also something new! 

To set everything, I just went over again with the Illamasqua powder lightly just for an extra hold. I have actually enjoyed something different and will continue to work on my liner skills! I am happy with the end result and loved having long, thick lashes for a change.
I can't wait for next weeks installment already!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment