Monday 16 June 2014

Ladies who Lunch!

So my first beauty related post! How exciting!
Today I went for lunch with my sister and cousin and with the weather trying to be nice I thought I'd do a natural summer look! One day I will go through my make up routine but for now I will show you what products I used for my neutral eyes and shimmery cheeks! 
Here I wanted to draw attention to the eyes without over doing it and have a soft lip to compliment this. Here are my 3 staple products which I use almost everyday, especially in the summer months!






So here we go! From Left to Right we have Benefit's "Big Beautiful Eyes", Benefit's "Coralista" and Bourjois Lipstick Rouge Edition "19".


1) Benefit's Big Beautiful Eyes.
My favourite eyeshadows to create a natural smokey eye. I had been after this for months (my friend works on a benefit counter and I was always after hers!), I finally got it on my birthday last month and I cannot put it down! It has the Boi-ing concealer plus 3 gorgeous shades. (It also comes with brushes which are in my brush holder)
The Shadows: 
- The Base Shadow - This is the lightest colour and is applied all over the lid. It is a pink/ dusty rose colour with an amazing shimmer to it! I sometimes just where this just on it's own to brighten my eyes.
- The Contour shadow - A darker shade which is to be applied in the crease of your lid, this is more of a rusty brown colour, again packed with shimmer. (When I say shimmer I don't mean in your face "look at the disco balls on my eyes". It's just enough to catch the light and create your desired eye. 
- The Liner Shadow - This is a deep matte brown and a little goes a long way! I literally dab my brush once and it is enough for one eye! I apply this on the outer corner of my eye and blend inwards to about a third of the way in. I also apply on my lower lash line and blend for a soft smokey look.
This palette is soooo easy to use! The colours will suit anybody and it's all in the blending! If you prefer a darker eye,  Just use more of the brown and build it up. 


Retails for £25.50. So worth it.

2) Next up is Benefit's Coralista

Love, love, LOVE this product. I use this as a blush and oh my goodness does it brighten up my face. I have been wanting to try a coral blusher for a while and while I was having a spending spree at Boots I thought I would give this a go.
This is a gorgeous, coral shade packed with shimmer to really reflect the light. I find this is more of a sheer blusher so it is great for a day time look. I tend to build up on my cheeks when I use this...a little really does go a long way. I also find when I use this I don't have to use as much highlighter on my cheek bone. (I still do just for that "pow" kinda look) If you aren't confident with highlighter just use this on it's own for a blush and highlighter in one! 
Retails for £23.50

3) Finally, Bourjois Lipstick. 

This is my go to lipstick! As you can see I have used it do death so will be due for a new one!
This is a sheer coral lipstick and is great for a nude lip with a bit of sheen. The coral isn't overpowering at all and gives that subtle hint of colour! A perfect finish to a summers day look. 
Retails for £7.99

Thanks for reading! 
Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment